Friday 21 September 2012

Events - Winner of Welsh Life Style Blog of the Year 2012!

You read that right lovely ladies! If you weren't following the live stream last night, or the onslaught of tweets, from the Wales Blog Awards you might not of heard my totally amazing news - I won Best Lifestyle Blog of the Year at the Wales Blog Awards! I am super excited and super happy, I really wasn't expecting it. But it has really made my year. 
I never started this blog thinking it would be a professional thing or that I would get any recognition really. So winning an amazing award like this is a huge deal. After almost 3 years, it is a really amazing feeling to know that other people really like and appreciate what I am doing. Kinda makes me feel like there really is a purpose to what I write. I've actually had a bit of a hard time this month with my writing - but winning the Lifestyle Blog of the Year has really shown me that writing is what I am meant to be doing, and really is something I am good at.

Here is what the lovely judges had to say about my blog: "One of the first things you notice about this blog is how easy it is to find your way around it. That and the bright and lively homepage drew the judges in instantly. This blog has a distinct personality – the posts are interesting to read and informative with good use of social media links and multimedia. And the more you read the more get a real sense of the person behind the blog. This ability to connect with a reader is important and Chantele does it very well."

So all that being said I would just like to say a big thank you to Media Wales and Warwick Emmanuel PR for organising and running the Wales Blog Awards, and also to all the judges who chose my blog as the winner of the Lifestyle section! Also a big Thank You to you guys! Without you actually reading my blog I would never have stuck with it and I certainly wouldn't have won this awesome achievement.

Congrats to all the other nominees and all the other winners. Here is the low down of what happened on the night:

1. Best Community Blog was won by Cwmbran Life (sorry no image)
2. Best Sports Blog was won by Forza Swansea
3. Best Entertainment and Music Blog was won by Motown Junkie
4. Best Writing on a Blog was won by Do Not Go Gently Into The Good Night
And then there was me!
5. Best Lifestyle Blog won by ME

 
6. Best Multimedia Blog was won by Cardiff Before Cardiff

7. Best New Blog was won by Our IVF Journey: All the fun of living life with twins (no image, as they couldn't attend) 
 8. Best Political Blog was won by Oggy Bloggy Ogwr
 9. Best Technology Blog was won by Hacio'r Laith
10. Best Food & Drink Blog was won by Gourmet Gorro
 11. And the peoples choice Best Blog was won by We Are Cardiff
And lastly - hello to any new readers!! Welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoy reading it. Check out some of my older posts, or use my side bar buttons to jump to a section that most interests you.


 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You deserve it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWE, CONGRATS!!! :D What a great hug to the soul! I'm really happy for you. This is certainly something to feel proud about! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. congratulations!!! it looks so male dominated!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!! Congratulations, what an amazing achievement! So pleased for you! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading. please leave comments as they really make my day, and I try to visit every one of your blogs too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails